“What is your biggest fear when it comes to your senior session?”
Before every session, I send out two questionnaires for each senior client to fill out. The first one is a “getting to know you” questionnaire- often I am hired by the parent and I need to learn more about the senior before the session! The second questionnaire is all about the session planning, where I ask them the question above- their fears about the session – so that we can avoid these fears on the session day!
Below are some of the most common answers I get, and why you won’t have to worry about them!
- Your skin- if you have a breakout before your session, don’t stress! A.) that may make it worse and B.) I will take care of that when I do the final retouching! The hair and makeup artist’s are pros at making these things disappear, but whatever they don’t take care of, I will!
- Hair and makeup- leave it to the pros for this big day! They know exactly what it takes to be camera ready and for your makeup to withstand the elements.
- The weather- we can’t control it. If it is calling for rain, don’t stress about it! Often, the forecast will predict rain early in the week, and it will be completely clear on the day of. If it is just cloudy, that is actually great for us! It means no squinting and that we can shoot wherever we want with our worrying about the harsh sun and harsh shadows.
- Not knowing how to pose. Do not worry about this- I will guide you along the whole time! We will take pictures standing, sitting, leaning, laughing, squatting, walking, jumping- all the things! Some of these things may feel silly, but it will be fun and it will get you out of your head. By the end of the session, you will be a natural!
- Too much editing or not enough editing- I do my best to keep you looking like yourself, but removing anything we don’t need to see on a photo forever. Acne, flyaway hairs, those clear hanging straps that always fall out of dresses (just cut them off please!), people in the background, etc.
With enough session prep, we can get you ready and excited for your senior session – not stressed and worried. If you’d like a stress- free senior session, get in touch!
627 Photography is owned + operated by Amy Hill in Apex, North Carolina focusing on high school senior portraits and headshot/branding photography, serving clients in Apex, Cary, and Raleigh. Contact me today to reserve your session, peek behind the scenes on Instagram and follow along on Facebook for the latest sessions and information!