- Choose clothing that you love, feel comfortable in and is flattering. Think about what colors look great on you and also what colors you use in your branding. A strong branding message is cohesive from your wording to the images you show!
- Think about your location. Sometimes a location can add to the story, other times you just need a pretty background. If you are a realtor, like Caroline, a beautiful home is the perfect location.
- Using props like your laptop, a coffee mug, or your phone can help tell the story of how you do business. These types of images are great for a “connect with me” page or on social media.
- Think about the types of images you will need and where you will use them. Do you need horizontal images with you off to one side to put as a header on your website? Do you need to be able to add wording to your images? Do you need detail shots to show you doing something that would be helpful to people who would work with you?
- Leading up to our session, avoid alcohol, salt and overly processed foods that may lead to bloating, breakouts or puffiness. We want you to look and feel your best for thes pictures!
- Hire a hair and makeup artist if you feel like that is something you’d rather leave to the pro’s on session day! They are trained to know how much makeup you’ll need to stand out on camera, which features to accentuate and match skin tones to perfection. Different types of lighting can also require a little extra makeup and they will be sure to know what you need.
- Relax and enjoy it! It may be a little overwhelming at first, but you will need a confident and comforting smile for your new perspective clients to see!
Caroline is a brand new realtor who needed headshots to get her started. She did a wonderful job preparing for her session with a gorgeous location choice and perfect outfit planning! If you are in the market for a new home, call Caroline!
If you’d like information about scheduling your own headshot or personal branding session, get in touch!
627 Photography is owned + operated by Amy Hill in Apex, North Carolina focusing on high school senior portraits and headshot/branding photography, serving clients in Cary, Apex, Raleigh, and Durham. Contact me today to reserve your session, peek behind the scenes on Instagram and follow along on Facebook for the latest sessions and information!