In a previous post, I wrote about why I believe my clients should invest in professional hair and makeup before their session. The benefits of lowering your stress and boosting your confidence are priceless. However, I know that not everyone wants the extra expense. So here are a few tips to help if you plan to do your hair and makeup yourself. 🙂
- Your skin is the blank canvas to build upon. Thoroughly clean and moisturize your face and neck before applying any makeup.
- Use a primer on your skin under foundation to minimize pores and give a nice smooth base to start.
- Your makeup application should be a little bit heavier for photos than your every day look, even if you are going for a clean, fresh look.
- Using mascara and an eyelash curler will open up and define your eyes.
- Choose a shade of blush that looks as though you’ve been exercising for a pretty pop of color.
- Be sure to check your makeup in natural light.
- Confidence and a smile will always boost your beauty!