After you’ve booked your senior session, it’s time to start planning for your senior portrait session! Here are a few tips to help.
1. Plan and choose your outfits as early as possible. Keep a pinterest board to pin looks that inspire you and share it. We can collaborate and communicate by sharing a Pinterest board when planning your session. Accessories, textures, and layers add visual interest. Choose colors that you love and look good on you. Choose clothing that flatters your shape.
2. Choose a location that you love. If you want a more neutral, natural setting a park or farm may be a great spot for you. If you like the look of more urban backdrops like cool textured walls and doorways, the downtown area may be a better choice. I love to scout locations and look for interesting, colorful backgrounds everywhere. I will make recommendations based on what vibe you are drawn to. Is there a special place that has meaning for you (coffee shop, library, museum)? The more personalized your session, the more you will love it for years to come.
3. Consider getting your hair and makeup done professionally. What a great way to feel pampered and stress free as you begin your session.
4. Bring a friend! Hey, I’ve got some great jokes, but nothing brings out a natural smile like your friends! They can also help spot any stray hairs and help with wardrobe changes.
5. Have fun! This should be a memorable, fun experience that shows your sparkle! Don’t stress about the little things and just enjoy this time!
6. Be confident, be lovely, be YOU!
Ready to book your own senior portrait session? Email me to get yours on the schedule!
627 Photography is owned and operated by Amy Hill in Cary, North Carolina focusing on high school senior photography, family photography and headshot photography, serving clients in Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill. Contact me today to reserve your session, peek behind the scenes on Instagram and follow along on Facebook for promotions and previews.