Every great session starts with a solid plan. Helping you plan your personal branding or headshot session is one of my favorite parts of the whole process. It helps me get to know you and learn your intentions for your business/brand and it helps you get a clear vision for the message that you want to convey. Here are 5 key tips to plan a smooth session.
- Consider your brand. This means thinking about your message, your brand colors, your target clients, etc. For example, Sarah is wearing her brand colors and wanted to be relatable and approachable to anyone looking to hire her. I recommend creating a Pinterest board to help you see what you are drawn to and what we can work towards.
- Tell your story. Your pictures will go alongside your words. We will choose locations based on what you want to show your client that you do. Sarah is a health and fitness coach so we chose a beautiful park to show her getting in her workout and show her working in a relaxed, outdoor setting.
- Communicate. No question is a bad question! Like I said earlier, the preplanning is one of my favorite parts so please communicate with me about what you like and what you want from your session. Need help choosing your outfit? Don’t know if you should hire a hair and makeup artist? Worried that you will look uncomfortable/awkward in your photos? Almost everyone has questions, so just ask! I want to make this as easy and painless as possible for you.
- Practice posing. Seems silly, I know, but practicing in the mirror to see what angles look good on you really helps.
- Confidence is the most beautiful thing you can wear. Just be yourself + be comfortable and you will shine bright in your photos!
I wrote about Sarah in my last post here– she is a health and wellness coach and the creator of the Inside Out Strong program for mothers and daughters. After I worked with her at the Inside Out Strong workshop, she got in touch with me to update her headshots for her website. We worked together to create a session to show her as genuine + confident health coach and a strong yet relaxed mentor.
627 Photography is owned and operated by Amy Hill in Cary, North Carolina focusing on high school senior photography, family photography and headshot photography, serving clients in Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill. Contact me today to reserve your session, peek behind the scenes on Instagram and follow along on Facebook for promotions and previews.