From booking the session to the day of the shoot- here is a good idea of what to expect and how to stay on track and prepped for your senior portrait session!
– Book your session 3-5 months before your session: Senior year is a busy time! If you truly want to get it done, book your session in the summer right before senior year begins. Otherwise, reserve your date as soon as can so you can get your top choice for photographer before they book out!
– After your session is booked, the planning will begin! You will get an email with the first questionnaire (the getting to know you questionnaire!) and a link to the Senior Client Lounge. The lounge has several resources for getting you ready for your session including what to pack in your emergency kit, what to wear tips, a downloadable guide to help you find your colors, and many more! You’ll also soon get a welcome kit in the mail with a copy of the Seniors Magazine and a paper copy checklist to keep you organzied and on track! I will be in touch with you all along the way to make sure your session is stress free and curated just for you!
– Get a hair refresh 1 week before your session. Remember to avoid drastic cuts or color while touching up your roots and highlights! Make sure to use a salon grade shampoo and conditioner that won’t turn your highlights or color brassy by the time your session takes place.
– Book a facial with your fave esthetician 1 week before your session to ensure that your skin is makeup ready on your big day. Exfoliation and moisturization are important for a smooth makeup application, so why not let the professionals handle it? This appointment can have your skin looking glowy and fresh for your big day!
– Start organizing your wardrobe and packing items 5 days out from your session. Hang each of your ironed and steamed outfits on a single hanger so you can see the full outfit together. Don’t forget to attach your shoes, belts, scarves, socks, and jewelry to each outfit for the final touch.
– Go shopping for last minute items as soon as you have all your outfits on hangers and planned out. This will help you see any final pieces you need to top off your outfits for portrait perfection. Take a quick pic of your outfit to look at in the store to make sure it’s a perfect fit.
– Get your manicure and pedicure done a day or two before your senior session. This will ensure your polish and cuticles are fresh and ready to frame your face and will allow for any redness or bleeding to heal with a great cuticle oil.
– The night before your session, make sure to get plenty of sleep – and you’ve earned it because you’ve fully prepared with the tips above!
Ready to get #1 checked off your list? Let’s get you booked! Email me to get all of the details.
627 Photography is owned + operated by Amy Hill in Apex, North Carolina focusing on high school senior portraits and headshot/branding photography, serving clients in Apex, Cary, and Raleigh. Contact me today to reserve your session, peek behind the scenes on Instagram and follow along on Facebook for the latest sessions and information!