You’ve put in all of the hard work over the last four years and now it’s time to celebrate your success! The tips below can help you get organized and enjoy the day, stress-free!
- Determine the Date and Venue: Decide on a date that works well for you and your guests. Consider whether you want to have the party at your home, a rented venue, or an outdoor space. Book the venue in advance to secure the location.
- Create a Guest List: Make a list of the people you want to invite to your graduation party. This can include family, friends, classmates, and teachers. Consider your budget and the capacity of the venue when finalizing the guest list.
- Send Invitations: Send out invitations (you can include your gorgeous senior pictures) to your guests well in advance, either by traditional mail or digitally. Include important details such as the date, time, venue, and any specific instructions or themes for the party. Request RSVPs to get an accurate headcount.
- Plan the Decorations: Decide on a theme or color scheme for your graduation party. Choose decorations that match your theme, such as balloons, banners, table centerpieces, and photo displays featuring your high school memories. Consider incorporating your school colors or graduation-related elements.
- Arrange for Food and Drinks: Determine whether you want to have a sit-down meal, a buffet, or finger foods for your party. Hire a caterer or plan the menu yourself if you’re cooking. Don’t forget to accommodate dietary restrictions and preferences.
- Entertainment and Activities: Think about the entertainment options and activities you want to provide at your graduation party. Consider hiring a DJ or creating a playlist, setting up a photo booth with props, or organizing games and activities to keep your guests engaged and entertained.
- Allow your guests to take a walk down memory lane with photos of you through the years! These can be displayed on a cute garland, or a photo table or a large print of you on an easel. They are here to celebrate you and would love to see all of these memories- from kindergarten graduation to high school graduation!
- Graduation Memorabilia: Display your graduation memorabilia, such as your diploma, cap and gown, and senior yearbook, in a designated area. This will create a focal point and serve as a conversation starter for your guests.
- Enjoy the Celebration: On the day of your graduation party, relax, enjoy the company of your loved ones, and celebrate your achievements. Take the time to mingle, share stories, and make lasting memories.
Remember, the most important aspect of your graduation party is to celebrate your accomplishments and enjoy the company of your loved ones. Plan ahead, stay organized, and enjoy the moment!
If you’d like information about scheduling your own high school or college senior portrait session, get in touch!
627 Photography is owned + operated by Amy Hill in Apex, North Carolina focusing on high school senior portraits and headshot/branding photography, serving clients in Apex, Cary, and Raleigh. Contact me today to reserve your session, peek behind the scenes on Instagram and follow along on Facebook for the latest sessions and information!